• (+254) 711187232
  • elckchurch@gmail.com
  • Luther Plaza, Nairobi, Kenya

Organisational Structure

The ELCK is administered from Nairobi,with the cathedral of the archbishop on Uhuru Highway,and the administrative office on University Way.The churh consists of six dioceses.
• Uhuru Highway Cathedral Diocese • South West Diocese • Lake Diocese • Central Diocese • North West Diocese • Nyamira Diocese

The Lutheran Confessions

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Kenya (ELCK) was born out of the missionary work of the Swedish Lutheran Mission in 1948 under the name Swedish Lutheran Mission (SLM). In 1963, the name of the church was changed and registered as the Lutheran Church of Kenya (LCK). In 1973, the name was changed again to ELCK with three districts, namely North District, Kisii District, and Nyanza District. In 1996, the church adopted episcopal polity, after the pattern of the Church of Sweden from which it had derived much early influence. The first bishop of the ELCK was elected that year. In 2002, the church was restructured into four dioceses (Central, Lake, South-West, and North-West). The first archbishop was elected and each diocese elected a diocesan bishop.

The Three Ecumenical or Universal Creeds

It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, desktop in non-publishing packages

The Augsburg Confession

It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, desktop in non-publishing packages

The Defense of the Augsburg Confession

It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, desktop in non-publishing packages

The Large Catechism

It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, desktop in non-publishing packages

ELCK Projects